Friday, June 4, 2010

In transit.

So as you read, the plan: leave Siem Reap last Saturday to come to Phnom Penh for Rachel’s friends wedding. So we bought our bus tickets on Friday night and headed back to Smiley’s (the guest house.) Not too long after we had been down in the garden checking our e-mails (getting eaten alive by bugs…not so good) that I wasn’t feeling too too great to I went up to go to bed. Long night short. I got really really sick and spent the whole night with my head in the toilet. Good fun. So after a night of no sleep at all, Rachel and I decided that since catching the bus was fairly simple and she really needed to be at the wedding, that I would spend another day resting and head back on Sunday. But while Rachel was packing, she suddenly fell sick with what seemed to be the same thing!! Oh no!! So we both spent the entire day in bed. sad face. I actually did not leave the room for over 24 hours. Saaaad face!! We are still not exactly sure what it was, could have been food, but unlikely because we can only eaten at places where we knew the food was clean... So I’m guessing it was an accumulation of different things? Anyways, SUNDAY we finally got on the bus and headed to Phnom Penh. The bus is a really funny experience. Pretty standard used coach-type bus, much like the fung wah, 6 bumpy hours. BUT the really special part, is that they play these aaaaaamazing Khmer music videos…. The entire. Time. All super cheesy, emo khmer music, always with a story video of this prince who falls in love with a poor Cambodian peasant and he saves her from poverty. It’s quality stuff. They were only interrupted for about an hour an a half, when we were lucky enough to get a really terrible Chinese kung fu zombie movie!!! It was awesome… I’m going to try and track down some music vids to bring home… I think VoCals will especially enjoy ;) Finally got to Phnom Penh. Hot hot hot. More to come…

No comments:

Post a Comment